Organizations are facing increasing complexity ambiguity, and uncertainty. Technology advances are turning businesses and industries upside-down and inside-out. Traditional business practices that worked in the past are no longer effective. Individuals are asserting their own independence and pursuing work that is meaningful. Economic and political uncertainty are making new investments more risky.
All of these factors are putting pressure on organizations to be more innovative and entrepreneurial.
Do you have the entrepreneurial leaders needed for success?
Which systems and processes are getting in your way?
Are your people and your culture resisting change?
Are you getting the return you want on your growth investments?
The Entrepreneurial Audit is an online tool to objectively assess how entrepreneurial your organization is by looking at the key dimensions of corporate entrepreneurship; people, process and place and the alignment of strategic intent with outcomes.
The Entrepreneurial Audit is not a cultural assessment that looks at all the dimensions of your organization. The audit looks at the specific dimensions of your organization that enable and support entrepreneurship.
The audit is based on research and validated by experts on corporate entrepreneurship.*
- Strategic Intent – the focus of the entrepreneurial effort and alignment of resources
- People – the individual characteristics and competencies required for growth
- Process – the systems, processes and practices needed to support growth
- Innovative – the level of innovation, pro-activity and risk taking
- Place – the context and culture for enabling entrepreneurship
- Outcome – the tangible and intangible results the organization wants to achieve
The assessment takes 20-25 minutes to complete. It looks at the key factors that influence corporate entrepreneurship. The tool is grounded in academic research and real world experience. The research has confirmed that there is a direct correlation between these components and the level of entrepreneurship in organizations.
Executive Summary Graph
We review the results with you, identify the largest gaps and work with you to develop a tactical plan to correct the situation. This enables you to respond quickly to new opportunities and competitive challenges that surface.
- It provides a road-map for establishing and developing entrepreneurship as a core competency.
- It helps you identify and remove the potential barriers and obstacles that are marginalizing your innovation efforts and impeding growth.
- It is a quick way to institute management practices that will facilitate change in individual and organizational behavior.
- It gives you a way to identify, develop and retain your most entrepreneurial talent before they leave for more challenging opportunities.
- It establishes a foundation for supporting and sustaining growth over time.
The audit consists of a series of activities which include:
- Preliminary discussions about the goals and expectations of the survey.
- Implementation of an online survey within the business units or the organization.
- Evaluation of each of the entrepreneurial components of the audit.
- Overall analysis of the organizations entrepreneurial orientation.
- Presentation of audit results and specific recommendations for taking action.
Corporate Entrepreneurship is and will continue to be a critical imperative for the long term viability and survival of many organizations.